Note: It seems as if some people got very enthusiastic about the idea, since the original cartoon circulated on Spacebook (or Facebook as they seem to prefer to be called), and they did not ask the artist for permission to use his image… Click here to see the original artwork, a cartoon called ‘Click Click’ by Tony Zuvela… Hopefully, he is not too upset and appreciates that some enthusiasts realised his very funny and inspiring vision… If there are any legal problems, the link will presumably stop working… But this post will remain as it is for the time being in the hope that some peaceful resolution will be reached at, and because the possibility to do this is just too great…
When originally posting this, a click on the picture would start downloading the program, which was rectified immediately so that anyone really interested would have to visit the site of origin, since credit should go where it is due… and with this addendum Tony Zuvela also gets his credit… have also run into the issue with an original post published on this website about two years ago… It is essential always to indicate the source of anything found on the web… (revised 25.1.2014)
The following information has been added to the page where it still is possible to download the artwork: The Precursor was created by Tony Zuvela. Visit Tony’s Café Press Shop for Precursor products and more!
How to install the “Precursor”
1. Download the PRECURSOR.CUR file. Save it in C:\Windows\Cursors.
2. Go to “Control Panel” and select “Mouse.” A “Mouse Properties” dialogue box will open.
3. Click the tab for pointers and click on the “Normal Select” pointer at the top of the list.
4. Now that the pointer you wish to substitute for the Precursor is selected, click “Browse.”
5. Navigate to C:\Windows\Cursors and select Precursor followed by “Open.”
6. Click “Apply” and “Save.”
7. Enjoy your new cursor!